Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update on my personal literacy challenge...

Readers,
Many of you are aware of my reading resolution for 2010. I spend countless hours investing time and energy into getting others excited about reading and writing and all that encompasses literacy.
I decided to give myself a personal goal this year to make sure that I am practicing what I preach. My goal this year is to finish 52 books in 52 weeks.
I am currently on my fourth book which is "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson.
It's nice to take into perspective that life is a gift and that although challenging it does not have to be grueling and everything does not have to be a major problem.
If you are wondering when I get the time to read so much...I do my best to use my time wisely. Have you ever waited in line thinking that you could be doing something better? I do too...and then I pull my book out of my bag and get in a few pages. In essence this helps me to be more patient and I feel great about my personal literacy goals as well as helping others to reach theirs. I'll keep you updated from time to time where I am at in my reading and I hope that you are taking on some great literacy challenges of your own. If you need ideas take a look at the blog post from yesterday.
-Read something great!

No comments: