Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The girl who does too much...aka ME!

So...it never fails that at least once a day I hear...Wow-you do so much! I have heard that since high school when I had two part-time jobs and my regular course load. I heard it even more when I was in college and worked 40 hours a week (to pay for college) and was the co- leader of a campus/singles based ministry, Student Government Vice President while juggling a 20+ credit load. This is me. I always encourage people to embrace who they are. Be you! Love yourself. Know your Kryptonite and be aware of your power pellets. I remember when I was in middle school and my friend drew a really nice "Say no to drugs" poster. Immediately my mind composed a campaign. I told her that we should mass produce them and have them be the marketing capstone for a program and play that we would put on for the whole school. I suggested that we talk to the teacher who always seemed to be involved in outreach and positive programs for kids.
My friend looked at me and said why do you always take everything too far? she shook her head and said...it's just a poster. That was the end of that. I remember feeling sad because I thought the beautiful poster could change lives, inspire difference, allow us to have a platform that was spearheaded by two sixth graders. It never did any of that. It just sat in a book bag for no one to see and eventually I'm sure it was crumpled and thrown away. I do a lot-I know. I have thoughts times a million and idea overload but I also know that these thoughts can change lives. What are your thoughts? I'd love to know! :)

-Read something great

No comments: