Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Passing down the legacy of Literacy

Readers! We have spent many years discussing the importance of reading and writing. My love of writing began by being read to first. I can easily recall being a small child and snuggling under covers as my parents read to me. There was nothing better than being cross-legged on the floor of my classroom while my teacher shared a story with us. Do you remember who read to you the most as a child? Have you ever thanked them? Those who read to us when we are small plant incredible seeds of hope in our life. This brings me to the special person that I am reading to currently...my own baby. Yes-I am expecting my first child. I read to my child everyday and although my baby has not been born yet this is setting a lasting precedent. Do you have any favorite books that you think I should read to my belly? Let me know. Share your memories, your ideas and and your hearts-I am listening and am just as excited to hear your story as I was to hear stories as a child. Read Something Great!

No comments: