Professionals Against Bullying

Monday, August 4, 2008

THANK YOU PENNSYLVANIA!

I had a wonderful turnout to my signing at Borders in Oxford Valley Mall in PA. So many people were excited about my book and thought it was great to give their children a positive role model to look up to. One of the comments that I get the most at these signings is what is my inspiration for writing a book like "Who I am not what I am" My biggest inspiration is the thought that I could change the way others view the world and themselves with a few simple words. When people truly think about the concept of self-esteem and diversity they realize that these are important charateristics to pass on to their children but they don't always know how. Kids have questions about race, self and the world around them...how do we answer these things and still shape them to be upstanding respectful and valuing of others? The best way is to teach them that people are people .....we love the same things like icecream, bike riding, etc. Janelle is a visual to remind people that people that appear so different from us really are not hard to understand we just have to lend a ear and be open to what they have to say.

No comments: