Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,

Above is a excellent quote by Marianne Williamson. It is important to know that fear is not an ingredient in success. In order to meet our goals, fulfill our dreams and continue to grow one must be a risk taker. Risk taking sounds intense...but not so much. We take risks when we say hello first, when we smile at a stranger and when we admit our needs. When I say hello first to a person I run the risk of them ignoring my greeting. When I smile at a stranger I may not get the response that I would normally welcome (since I don't know that person). When I admit to a person that I have a need I am making myself vulnerable. So why do these things? Why not play it safe? If I choose to withhold a greeting-I may also be withholding an opportunity that would likely develop after I have said hello. Smiling at a stranger could develop dialogue that could be helpful to my business and/or personal life or it could make that person feel better about their own life. When I admit I have a need...I give someone an opportunity to fill that need for me. We are not inadequate...we are powerful beyond measure. Be fearless today!! My next writing workshop is this Saturday at the Hampton Inn, Northville (20600 Haggerty Road) 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. I hope to see you there!
Read something great!

No comments: