Professionals Against Bullying

Monday, March 15, 2010

Guest Blog by Jasmine Pearson, an aspiring teen writer

I have the opportunity to work with some great teens on a volunteer basis. Jasmine is one of the newest additions to our youth group. I asked her if she wanted to share her love of writing with my readers and she happily agreed. I hope that you enjoy her post! Feel free to comment. -Read something great!
I've been writing since I could type. I started with these 5 page scripts with a thousands of misspelled words. As a little kid I would use my imagination to escape mentally, when I was bored or feeling lonely. I wanted to be a screen writer and I knew that writing my mini plays was a good start on this path. My first attempt to write a book was when I was in middle school. It was called My Best friends life, then I later change the title to One step at a time. As life went on, I lost interest in the story and left it alone. But my love of writing was rekindled, when I read the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Myer.
I have to give my "props" to her because she really got me into reading a lot of books and series. And a lot of people say in order to be a good writer you have to be a good reader, and vice versa. And I find that to be true. Last year, early in the school year, I started my new project Shattered Glass. It's about a girl, Alivia, dealing with depression. Shattered Glass is so much more personal to me because I entered my real life and feelings into this book. I really feel like Shattered Glass is the one that I'm going to publish.
-Jasmine Pearson, Aspiring writer.

No comments: