Professionals Against Bullying

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hi Readers! It has been a long time and I hope this post finds you doing well. I have thinking about success a lot lately. Success is kind of like beauty in the way that it can be defined differently by different people. Values, skills, personal benchmarks all play a role in success. I was sitting in a meeting the other day and a quote resounded in my head. "Your success is not for you." I had no idea where it came from or why it was so blunt. I wanted my success to be for me. Sure I love giving back and having a charitable arm of my business-but I wanted to claim a bit for myself. ON exploring this thought-I had an epiphany. Success is something that inspires, motivates and holds others accountable. It encourages, it uplifts and it makes a statement. I know that my accomplishments have meant a lot to others. I have met people at book signings that have shared their own aspirations with me. I have talked to kids who have said-if you can write books-I can one day too. My own success affirms people that have come from similar backgrounds that the doom and destruction that others statistically predict for them-is false. They can be an author. They can own a business. They can give back. They can rise above.
My success is not for me. What is success to you? What does it mean? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. -Read something great

No comments: