Professionals Against Bullying

Monday, November 12, 2012

Taking a moment

I could use more time to reflect. I run...all of the time. I write. I present. I research. I counsel. I develop. I drink coffee. Reflection? sometimes. Today-I am deciding to take a moment. In that moment-I remembered dreams from years ago. I recalled wanting to be published. Wanting to be a speaker. Wanting to use my creativity in my job. Today I am doing that. I need to do my life and my audience justice by being mindful and grateful. You see as a child I had this dream to write and speak. I was told that I was not very smart. I heard often that I was not pretty enough. Skinny enough. Light enough. People laughed when I said that this was my career path. So now that I am doing what I dreamed of...I need to be in the moment. As an entrepreneur it is expected of me to be on the go and burning the midnight oil. It should also be expected of me to recall my small beginnings as I live out and continue to build my purpose. My journey has been hard-fought and I speak on bullying because I understand what it is like for a child to be told that their dream is to big. I know what it is like to be told as an adult that my dream is too big and I also know what it is like to be told that I should just settle down and be normal. I'm not settling down. But I will take a moment. A moment to thank you! My readers have bought books, shared referrals, sent emails, letters, pictures. My readers have told me their stories and their secrets. Without you-this journey would not be the same. So in this moment I am taking to be grateful-please know that you are in my thoughts and that you are making me smile! -Read something great

No comments: