Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hamtramck Public Library Program

The Hamtramck Public Library had a program involving "Who I am not what I am". This was a fun event with a great theme. The children made their own books before I spoke. We talked about their books and they realized that since they wrote books that day they were also authors. The children asked me many questions such as....how long did it take? Why did you write a book? Do you make a lot of money? They were able to hear about Janelle and her adventure and then we talked more about the book and the characters in it. I will definately go back next year...the staff and children were very friendly and we all had a great time as we learned more about diversity together:) They have a contest going on right now...three students will win my book. I wonder who will it be?

No comments: