Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

notes for a rainy day....

This may sound strange...but I love to write on rainy days! Don't get me wrong I am a true sunshine fanatic...yet there is something about rainy days that makes me want to reflect. When I reflect, I write. When I was in high school I used to gaze out of the windows and enjoy seeing the clear drops hit the sidewalk and it seemed to spark a special creative nerve in me. Have you ever thought about how you can take a storm or a gloomy day and make it work for you? I find it amusing when the rain is coming down and I feel accomplished because I finally met a deadline and others complain that the rain should go away. I think it depends on how you view your circumstances. Let the rain be your guide to growth...it works for the flowers. Let the snow remind you of how beautiful life can be. Take the time to smell a flower on one of those days when the heat is making the beads of sweat pour from your forehead. It might just inspire you to reach that goal that you have on your list! Speaking of goals...If your goal is to be published...I hope to see you at the Spring Writer's Retreat April 24th-25th in Northville...space is limited and the opportunity is not! This is a great way to take your writing to the next level and get some time to reflect!

Read something great!

No comments: