Professionals Against Bullying

Sunday, October 12, 2008

You can't take it back

Hi Readers!

One of the hardest things to do is take back something that you have said to someone. I have a good friend that used words to hurt someone today...this friend shared with me at the time it felt good to express the emotion that they felt. I talked to them about the example that they set for others and how what if they truly hurt the person's feelings. After a while my friend shared that they felt bad and they wished that they did not say what they did. Even though this friend could not take the words back they did something that I truly respected...they apologized! What courage that took?! When we say something hurtful we may not be able to take back the words but we can say sorry and mean it. It is very brave to say sorry! If you have hurt someone start today by mending the pain by apologizing my friend did and I believe this was a smart move! Have a great day and leave the world a better place than you found it:)

No comments: