Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Literacy Love note....

From time to time I intend to thank those who helped me to have a love for literacy. Today's post will be dedicated to my parents! Tamera and Duane Eddington. These two read to me as a child, held me accountable as I entered school and always applauded me for loving to read.
I recall being the winner of the fourth grade spelling bee and my mom and dad bragged to all of their friends about my achievement. This always made me feel special. I realized that accolades pushed me to work harder and to be as outstanding as possible in my studies.
Have you helped someone to be a lover of literacy? Share with us how. Have you been assisted by someone who aided you in your literacy skills? Have you thanked them? This might be the right time to let them know what it meant to you. It has been said that it takes a village to raise a child. I think that it also takes a village to help a child become a lover of literacy. If you would like to help out my literacy project with Operation: Kid Equip feel free to use the donation button to help kids embrace the joys of summer reading.
-Read something great!

No comments: