Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A BOOK CAN CHANGE A LIFE...

Readers,
I have recently teamed up with a great literacy non-profit called Little Girls, Big Dreams. They are located in Pontiac, Michigan (where I grew up). Pontiac is not know for having the best education opportunities or for having the deepest pockets. I find it a pleasure to say they have a non-profit like Little Girls, Big Dreams to make a difference. Reading to a child can truly change the course of their life and future. Many people who reside in our criminal facilities are people who are illiterate. Poverty and hopelessness claims the fate of the illiterate as well. Literacy is more than just reading it is made up of comprehension, writing, speaking, etc. I have a challenge for you today! Today decide to make new statistics. If you would like to be a part of my "Be A Part of Their Story" program you can email me at whoiamnotwhatiam@yahoo.com and I can give you more info. You can also decide to read a book to a child that you know. Remember to ask the child what they learned and discuss the plot of the book with the child. If you do this you are no longer an observer of our literacy rates being low but you are a active member of society changing our literacy rates for the better!
Read something great!

No comments: