Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The goal of friendship...


Many people are updating their goal lists to ready themselves for 2010. I like to reflect on my goals from last year before starting a new list. One of the most important on my roster last year was to be a better friend to those who I value.
I realized that time and distance can take us away from showing care and kindness to those we hold dear. I'm happy to report that I believe that I succeeded in making this goal in 2009. I made more phone calls, spent more time and had great conversations!
I let go of toxic relationships and drew closer to those that were sincere. Being a friend is important to me...it always has been. I find it funny that 2009 was the first year that it replaced getting into shape on my goal list.
Friendship is so important especially to children. It teaches them some of the greatest traits of being a good person. 2009 is also the first year that my character Janelle gets a true friend in Zoey (100% Real).
The photo above is of me and my very good friend Jennifer. We have been friends for over ten years and we have had our up's down's and in betweens....:) Make it a goal to celebrate friendship in the new year....it will be on my goal list again in 2010.
Read something great!

1 comment:

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Great goal! I started doing this last year when I turned 30. Simply decided to let go of the friendships that were toxic and to nurture the ones that were healthy. It's amazing how much friendship can enrich your life!

Love the message your books portray!

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com