Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCEED WRITE, WRITE AGAIN!


One of the things that I learned early in my writing career is that patience is truly a virtue. It takes time to finish your work, time to re-write your work and re-write it again. Once your work is complete...the process begins to submit for publication which also requires lots of patience. I spend more time with my laptop than most and I carry a journal around with me wherever I go. I share this with you reader because being a writer is not just what I do it is Who I am. In my book "Who I Am Not What I Am" Janelle is described by her outer appearance but she is also characterized by the things that she loves like eating ice cream and riding her bike. I received my college degree in Journalism and Public Relations but that is not when I became a writer. I became a writer when I started to write stories in my little memo book as a child. When I was young I began keeping a journal and when I was supposed to be paying attention in math class I wrote poems (I don't endorse this). A writer.... writes! My point for this post is that if you want to be published one day or if you want your work to be recognized by many you have to start by doing the obvious...have lots of patience and write! :)
The Young Writer's Workshop is February 28th...great for young people to begin applying those needed skills to learn more about Creative writing. March 28th is the next workshop for adults and April 24th-25th is the Spring Creative Writing Retreat. You are able to register for any of these events on this blog by using the PayPal options.
Have a great day and Read something great!

No comments: