Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scenes from a bookstore writing prompt idea

Today's bookstore has many benefits. It is one of my favorite places to release my creative juices. The fact that many books on various topics are available for reading is awesome but even more the bookstore is full of story potential. I love to sit in a crowded area with my journal and eager thoughts. I have learned that simply by watching the activity that goes on while people watching helps my brain to flow with ideas. The cafe, cash register and even the person lounging on the soft chair reading the newspaper has a story that needs to be created. The next time you get writer's block go to a place that fills you with inspiration. I like the bookstore...it might be a sports game for you or a park. Take some time to get your thoughts on paper. Remember that writing and re-writing are a couple. If you are not happy with the story and/or poem that comes from the first prompt...continue to try again.
I hope to see you on Saturday February 7th from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the Hampton Inn, Northville, MI 48167. The cost is $15/person for this Creative Writing Weekend Workshop. It is a great way to let your writing unfold into something journal worthy!
Read something great!

No comments: