Professionals Against Bullying

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Writing with the Tweens in Allen Park







Wednesday I was able to visit the Allen Park Public Library as a guest author. I shared my book and I taught a program on Creative Writing and Character Development. It was so much fun to hear the stories that the students created. One of the most important aspects of any story is the characters. It is a good practice before writing your story to plot out your character. Ask yourself questions about their life....the answers help to create the story. When the writer knows their character inside and out they are able to communicate that well in their writing. My next workshop is on Saturday at the Hampton Inn in Northville from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. I hope to see you there! Read something great!





No comments: