Professionals Against Bullying

Friday, August 7, 2009

"Never dull your shine for somebody else."


"Never dull your shine for somebody else." -Tyra Banks. I love this quote because too often it is implied that greatness is something to be bashful about. How many times have you held back an accomplishment about yourself from someone to fear the risk of looking overconfident? When I first got published I was modest about sharing it with people because I did not want them to think that I was conceited or boasting about my talent. I find it interesting now because I realize that true friends will celebrate one's victories and push them forward towards bigger and better endeavors. If you are reading this post and you have a dream to do anything from write to paint to dance do it with such fervor that you shine as bright as the stars. I try my best to surround myself with positive people that add value to my life. I am very excited about the upcoming networking night at Sweet Lorraine's on August 13th from 6:30-8:30. This will be a great time to speak to local professionals, enjoy appetizers, raffles and to let your dreams, goals accomplishments shine in front of people of value. I hope that you can make it...your spot can be reserved by using the paypal button on this page! Have a great day.
Read something great.

No comments: