Professionals Against Bullying

Monday, November 2, 2009

November Thank-you's

Readers,
It is that time of the year again where we remember to be grateful, thankful and mindful of our blessings. I have so many that it would take forever to list all of them but I will share a few with you! A great big thank you to the readers of the "Who I Am" series! This thanks should cover the bookstores, the schools, the community groups and libraries that hosted events to include my collection of books that promote diversity & self-esteem in children. Of course, my books would not be able to thrive without the wonderful children that support Zoey & Janelle (my main characters). My new illustrator, Jason Michener has visually allowed 100% Real to be the talk of the town and since this is his second job I just want to add a special thanks for all of his hard work and tenacity on this project.
I have many more people to thank but first I will ask you...who are you thankful for? Has someone helped your life in an incredible way? Have they encouraged you when times were tough? Loaned you some support in time of need? Think about those people close to you and savor their presence in your life as a gift. I realize that each day brings troubles but the blessings far outweigh the troubles.
Tonight Jason and I are going to put our troubles aside as well as our date night and we are going to read our books to children from a homeless shelter. Everyone needs support and if we can be a blessing to others it may help us to truly understand what thanksgiving is all about. We celebrate it in November but we should try to be mindful of our blessings and give back throughout the year. Enjoy this beautiful month of transition from Fall to Winter and share your blessings with someone in need.
Read something great!

No comments: