Professionals Against Bullying

Monday, November 9, 2009

A RIVER FULL OF WRITERS!!





Yesterday I had the pleasure of being a featured author at "Writer's On The River" One of the biggest Author Fair's in Michigan. I was so pleased to see old and new faces at my "Who I Am" table. It is amazing that Brooke, Kristin, Jenna and Jaylynn came to tell me that they really loved getting their "Who I Am Not What I Am" books last year and that they were excited to see the newest book in the series.
This fair had a very big showing of educators, community members and children and was very well attended. Jason Michener, My illustrator and husband was the balloon king as he decorated fancy pictures for those who bought my series.
I was so pleased to see fellow members of the SCBWI-MI group and meet new friends that write for children as well.
One of my happiest moments was talking to Carol McCloud, (The Bucket Filler Lady) Author of The Bucket Filler series. Carol and I have known each other almost ten years and she had been an extraordinary friend that gave me lots of wisdom and advice during my early career and college years. It was fantastic to see her and to do a book swap with her. I hope that you enjoy the pictures from this fun event and if you missed it maybe I will see you on November 28th at the Borders Express, in Great Lakes Crossings Mall! Save the date I will be there from 12-2!
Read something great!

No comments: