Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.

I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.
Oprah Winfrey, O MagazineUS actress & television talk show host (1954 - )

What do you think about the most? When we think of being caring individuals that want to see the world change...it happens. A better tomorrow begins with a single thought. A great book is a mere idea that forms into a tool that can uplift, motivate and challenge others in a variety of ways. When I begin my planning process for my book series. I asked myself what contribution did I want to make to the literary world. My goal as a writer is to challenge others to be kind, inclusive and open-minded. My workshops are designed to inspire writers of all ages to create a great work by learning how to tap into the potential that they are already armed with. I truly believe that if I guard my heart and my thoughts I will be able to use my talent to make others better than they were before they met me. I am fortunate to be able to do what I love and because of that I have an obligation to help others discover that they are special, unique, blessed and worthy. The next Creative Writing workshop is on February 7th at the Novi Public Library from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. This is a great way to network, expand your writing skills and gain open critiques. Cost is $15/person. The Young Writers workshop for February will be on the 28th at the Novi Public Library followed by an open Mic at Solid Grounds Coffee House $15/person. Many exciting events will be happening in March so please stay tuned for more information. Today is the last day for the Young Writer's Contest Entries. Remember to dwell on the good and that is what your life will be to yourself and others. Read something good and dwell on the possibilities of your future!

No comments: