Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's on your book shelf?


You can learn a lot about a person by reading the titles on their shelf. My home is has book shelves on every floor. I have always enjoyed being able to grab a book at any given time. My shelf consists of many authors of all genres. I truly believe that reading others works helps me to be a better writer. I try and take time everyday to read something great. If you view my blog on a regular basis you will notice that I usually sign off by saying "Read something great". It is the best advice I can give to those who want to become better writers. The next workshop for Creative Writing is February 7th at the Novi Public Library. This is a great opportunity to network with others, expand your writing skills, learn about publishing and it's also a great stress reliever. Writing out one's feelings is one of the best ways to constructively work through challenges. I hope to see you there. The Young Writer's workshop is on February 28th at the Novi Public Library with an Open Mic immediately following. The Young Writer's group is great way to build self-confidence and more! These events are able to purchased off of my blog and are only $15/each session. As always Read something great!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Tara - thanks so much for visiting my blog...I am so pleased to have come across yours. It's so inspirational. What a joyous celebration of the magic of books and storytelling. I'll definitely be checking in again! x