Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BOOKS THAT MADE A DIFFERENCE FOR ME...

When I visit schools I am often asked about the books that I read as a child. I truly enjoyed all of Beverly Cleary books. From Henry Huggins and Beezus to Dear Mr. Henshaw...these books made my day. I loved the reality of the pesty sister Ramona and the challenges that the young boy faced in "Dear Mr. Henshaw" with his parents having marriage difficulties. These characters were people that I could find anywhere and it was nice that I found them in the well written pages of Beverly's books. I also enjoyed Judy Blume books. Super Fudge & Freckle Juice made reading fun and interesting and I would happily skip watching t.v. to curl up with books like these. Today I am reminded of how these authors changed my life and I hope that I am able to do the same for my readers.
-Read something great!

No comments: