Professionals Against Bullying

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I REALLY WANT CAKE BUT I'LL WRITE INSTEAD...


Writing is just as satisfying as a large piece of your favorite cake but writing is calorie free and you typically feel better afterwards. I was just thinking about the changes that writing has gone through over the years. At one point in time many people loved to read because it pretty much was the past time of choice. This world was once absent of televisions, stereos and the I's (iPhone, ipod, etc). When people wanted to hear a story I suppose they amused themselves by reading a book. If they wanted to express themselves...they probably took out a piece of paper and wrote something. Can you imagine getting a letter every time someone wanted to communicate with you? There would be no email or chat or even my lovely friends Facebook and Twitter...people would simply write you a handwritten letter and mail it to you with an old fashioned stamp. I truly think the art of the letter and traditional methods are beautiful... but I have to admit I love to write and have it reach tons of people in two seconds. My blog is so dear to me! I love my journals and notebooks but to express myself electronically is such a treat! I mean before I started writing this I really wanted a piece of cake...no really I did! I decided that writing is a treat in itself and it won't make my jeans tighter but it will help me to tighten my craft and connect with the brilliant people like you who read my thoughts on a regular basis. Speaking of writing today is the last day to reserve your spot for the May Creative Writing Weekend Workshop! It takes place on May 23rd from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. and will be held at the Hampton Inn in Northville! Pay for it now using the paypal options on this page. I'd love to see you!


-Read something great!

No comments: