Professionals Against Bullying

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DIVERSITY MEANS: NO LABELING


One of the reasons that I love being an advocate for diversity and inclusion is because as a young child I was teased because of various reasons...some people said I was too short, too dark, too loud, too quiet. Today many children face similar issues in regards to the way they are labeled. When a person can feel good about themselves for who they are they can continue to grow in their confidence and security level. My goal is to help change the world one person at a time through my book (s), events and community involvement . I am very excited to announce that I was asked to be the keynote speaker for the Michigan Autism Speaks Walk kick-off. The event will take place on June 8th at the Rock Financial Showplace in Novi, MI and will begin at 6:00 p.m. I am expected to speak at 6:30. I am thrilled to be able to be a walk team captain to raise awareness and get positive energy flowing in regards to Autism Speaks. As a Team captain it is my responsibility to recruit and motivate a team of people to raise funds, awareness and show up the day of the walk with energy and enthusiasm in regards to making a difference.
If you are interested in pledging or learning more about this cause...please email me at whoiamnotwhatiam@yahoo.com
-Read something great!

1 comment:

strunny said...

congrats on being the keynote speaker! that's wonderful. :)