Professionals Against Bullying

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busy life? Try busy kits...













Readers,



As I continue to network with positive people & comapnies I will continue to tell you about them!



One of the best gifts that we can give each other is information so here goes....Today my blog will feature an interview that I had with Lorraine Akemann of "My Busy Kit"






I hope that you enjoy!






T-Lorraine, tell me the goal of your business?



L-My Busy Kit makes portable activities for kids to encourage independent play. Our goal is to make family travel smoother by providing children with tools to build their imaginations while out and about.

T- Who or what inspired you to do what you are doing?



L-My business partner took a road trip to Mexico in 2007 with her husband and three kids. They had a clear sheet bag full of random, interesting gadgets that the kids loved. We figured, why stop at one? Let's find and test as many assortments as we can, and see if it works for other families.

T- How long have you been in business?
L-Since April of 2007
T- Are you in conjunction with any charities or other organizations?
L-Yes, we have donated activity kits to our local children's hospital, and regularly give kits to preschools and families in need.
T- Who is your ideal client?



L-Parents who are about to hop on an airplane or take a road trip with their kids.

T- Tell me about your biggest accomplishment with busykits?



L-In business terms, our biggest accomplishment is our account with a bookstore at San Francisco International Airport, which is a great niche location for selling our kits. Personally, the biggest accomplishment is the family balance of being able to work from home during school hours, and dedicate after-school hours to my daughters.

T- How can our readers find out more info about your business?
L-We would love to have folks visit us online at http://www.mybusykit.com/ to preview our products and read our story. In addition, we started a blog about tips for traveling with kids at http://keepsmesmiling.blogspot.com/.






Readers, I hope that you enjoyed hearing about Lorraine and "My Busy Kits". I love to see others making a living doing what they love and thought that you would too. Feel free to place a comment on the site if you wish about this post and if you would like to see more interviews or any other specific question that you might have for Lorraine!



On a side not today is the official launch of 100% Real please be sure to order your signed copy!



Read something great!

No comments: