Professionals Against Bullying

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A "Who I Am" Guest...Welcome Glitterful Felt Stories






I've been networking with amazing people making differences with literacy campaigns, fun stories and more.



This blog post will feature an amazing individual who is doing just that with her business.



Shelby Barone is the founder of Glitterful Felt Stories, An interactive introduction to literacy.






Check out this interview meant to Inspire & Inform...Enjoy Readers!






Shelby, what is the purpose of your business?

I make felt board stories that help get young children excited about reading!



They help make storytime interactive, creating a lifelong love for reading!

That's awesome-This sounds like a very creative idea to make reading more enjoyable and visual. How does it change the lives of youngsters?

It changes lives of many young children by getting them excited about reading! It also encourages children to use their imagination!

It sounds like it! Are you involved with any charitable programs?

My children and I volunteer our time reading to elder people at our local senior center

What an amazing example to your children and the community.



How did you get your start with GlitterfulFelt Stories?

I was a preschool teacher with a degree in Early Childhood education. Local teachers have always purchased my felt stories from me since I first became a teacher. After the birth of my 3rd child who was born with many life threatening conditions I found that I needed something to help with his medical bills...that was when I first started selling online.

Wow... Is this your sole business?

Yes!

Shelby, how can others get involved with your business?

We will soon be launching sales respresentative positions!

Tell me about one of your best experiences in your current career?

When my son goes for his weekly transfusions at Children's Hospital he always brings in felt stories for his other friends and we let them take their stories home. At a following clinic appointment we ran into another mother that we had seen before and she told me that her son's felt stories brought so much joy to him during his past hospitalization. It brought tears to my eyes. :)

Do you visit schools, etc.?

Yes! I volunteer my time at my children's schools.

How long have you been in business?

Since 1995

Have you won any awards or honors?

Yes, my blog has won a couple of awards...that I was so grateful for!






Well thanks for sharing with my readership your amazing talent and heart for literacy.



I have a feeling that we will be seeing Shelby gain many more honors and awards in the near future.






If you would like to access some of Shelby's work and/or order please go to http://www.glitterfulfeltstories.com/






Be creative with storytime & read something great!

No comments: