Professionals Against Bullying

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Making a list and checking it twice...Revising

Readers,
Have you ever done something that you regretted? Did you wish that you could take it back? Maybe you thought that it would be great if no one ever knew about the mistakes that you made. The best thing about writing is that ...you can revise! Many famous writers have made typos, grammar errors and more blunders. In writing you get a second chance. The most important tool that I had in college was a second pair of eyes. It's easy ...ask a trusted friend to look over your work. You can read your story or poem out loud and find an opportunity to revise as well. The times when I want to revise the least are times when I think that my words are just right. Don't let this stop you! It never hurts to re-write...even if it seems like you have a perfect story or book. Speaking of stories and books...I hope that you can make my book signing in Grand Rapids this Saturday at the Woodland Mall, Walden Books 12-2. It's not to late to get that perfect gift for the perfect reader! I will be teaching a creative writing workshop in Novi, MI on January 10th from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the Public Library...cost is $15/person. I also invite anyone under 18 to a special writing workshop and Open Mic on January 17th...10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the Novi Public Library and immediately following at Solid Grounds Coffee House participants get to invite friends and family to hear their work they created in the class. As you check over your holiday list and deal with the hustle and bustle of the season ... I hope that you take time to enjoy the process and write about it! Real life makes for great stories.
Read something great and share it with a friend!

No comments: