Professionals Against Bullying

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What is the most important?


Hi Readers,

I was thinking about this time of year and what is really important. During this time of year it is so easy to get caught up in the shopping, the cooking, the tasting and the debt. The true meaning of the holidays is not to run up our credit card bills and defer the pain until January. This is a time when we can reflect on our lives and be grateful for all of the special people that are in our hearts. I love to take this time and let those that I care about know what they mean to me. I may do this with a gift as a token. It is important that the gifts that we give are simply that.... a token of appreciation or love not the main focus. Gifts come in all sizes, shapes, price ranges and colors. Baking cookies is a great way to share love and show someone that you care while watching your wallet and using creativity. Handwritten notes can mean more than store bought cards if the sentiment is from the heart. This season is also great to give the gift of self-esteem & diversity to a child. "Who I am not what I am" is a book that I wrote to help children accept others and themselves. This book is a great way to teach children that the true value of any person is beyond what people see and more about what treasures lie on the inside. I will be signing books at Madonna University Thursday @ 1 p.m. in the Library. I will also be in NYC this Saturday signing books at Borders Express in Staten Island! The times for that event are from 12-2. I hope to see you and remember that no matter what gift you give it is important to remember that the true gift is the person who you care for.


Read something good!!

Tara Michener

No comments: