Professionals Against Bullying

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A sincere Thank you!


In the past six months, my life has changed dramatically! "Who I am not what I am" was published in April of 2008 and my life went from ordinary to extraordinary. This is because of my readers and supporters. I have been able to sign many books for schools, libraries, churches but even more important I have been able to personally sign books out to my young readers! It is such a gift to be able to have a child look at me and realize that the stories they write in their notebook can one day become published. I have talked with so many aspiring writers who love to read and want to write one day. It is a true joy to share with them that my hope is to have them sign a book for me one day. I acknowledge that my success is from everyone who loves Janelle and her story of embracing self-esteem. I do not take my readers for granted. Those of you who believe in the message of my book are my cheerleaders, promoters, publicists, and teachers. When you tell someone about my book ...you help me to grow as a writer and person. You teach me that one person can truly make a difference. I have so much fun teaching the creative writing workshop and watching authors- to- be appear before my eyes. It is so much fun to see people who claim that they are not good at writing deliver a master piece to the class and hear praise from everyone. Writing has opened up so many possibilities for me. The best one is getting to engage with people and be vulnerable with my story as I listen to theirs. You have a story inside of you....make sure that you get it out. I'd love to see you tonight at the Creative Writing workshop from 6p.m.-8 p.m. at the Novi Civic Center. If you can't make that one the next one is December 13th from 10 a.m.- 12 p.m. I am also signing books in Madison Heights for a children's program this Saturday.

As always...read something good!


Tara Michener :)

No comments: